I am a Certified Life and ADHD coach in Seattle who has been coaching adults and teens with ADD/ADHD since 2003. Over the past ten years, I’ve found myself with more women clients than anyone else and realized that coaching women, in all phases of life, is my passion and my calling.
As well as helping my clients manage the practical aspects of life (planning, prioritizing, organizing, getting things done, etc.) I have a special interest in coaching to reduce stress, increase self-awareness, and improve self-care. This includes finding ways to be kind to yourself and stop beating yourself up – an issue for a lot of women but especially when ADHD is in the picture!
For most of my adult life, I have been surrounded by family and friends who have attention deficit disorder – my son, husband, and past business partner. For many years, I found myself helping the people closest to me get organized, stay on track, and recognize their gifts and talents. Although I don’t have a formal diagnosis of ADHD, I have many ADD/ADHD – like traits (which have increased as I’ve gotten older!) and developed strategies to help us all. Finally, the light bulb went on. Why not turn what I was doing anyway into my life’s work?
Along with my personal experiences with ADHD, I had been a social worker for over 20 years. I could bring those skills into coaching as well. So in 2003, I enrolled in an ADHD coach training program and it was the best decision I could have made.
Since that time, I have received additional certifications as both a life and stress reduction coach. I’ve also been trained in mindful awareness for ADHD – practices to calm our minds and increase our awareness of what we are doing when we are doing it.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from the University of Washington
- Certified Life Coach through the Baraka Institute
- Graduate of the American Coaching Association
- Senior Certified AD/HD Coach Designation through the Institute for the Advancement of AD/HD Coaching (IAAC)
- Continuing education about ADHD through conferences, workshops, and classes
- National Speaker for ADD Resources Conferences and for ADD Classes.com
- Mindfulness and Stress Reduction Training
I look forward to hearing from you and hope I can help!